I strive to be sensible, reasonable, and otherwise normal.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

The struggle for work

So I've been looking for a job since i got home in late April, and no one seems to be hiring. I have talked to managers that say they are hiring, but then I never hear from them again after I turn in the applications. I called a few places back, and most of the places I applied to expressly said NOT to call back. I do all their funky little math and spelling tests (the purpose of which seems to have slipped my mind. It doesnt take a whole lot of brain to make a sandwich) And then they don't even hire me. I'm absolutely positive that I didn't mess up on the simple addition questions. I'm sure I never offended the managers. Why don't they hire me when they say they're hiring? It's because I've only done summer work, and so it looks like I can't keep a job for more than three months. I could keep a job if I wanted to. But instead, I decided to go to school, because to me, learning is worth more than money. And now when I decide to work, they don't let me. Even the temp agencies don't want me. I sat in the lobby of Volt Staffing Services for two hours and I took their math test AND their spelling test AND their mandexterity test AND i filled out at least 6 forms AND had an interview AND i woke up at 7 am just so I could get there on time. And then only afterward did they tell me that they don't have anything for me. Good to know. They could have said that they didn't have any work BEFORE they had me stay there forever. Oh well. That's my rant for today. Give me a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Which author is the coolest?
J.K. Rowling
Terry Pratchett
Voltaire
Orson Scott Card
Dave Barry
J.R.R. Tolkien
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com