I strive to be sensible, reasonable, and otherwise normal.

Friday, October 01, 2004

One half of a fence

My little brother is teaching my little neighbor how to play Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star on the piano. What a nice brother. And now my dad is giving a demonstration of Friedrich Kuhlau's Sonatina Op. 20, No. 1 It's a pretty good song. Very pianoey. And sonatinatastic, a word that I am pretty sure I just invented. Feel free to forget I ever used it.

I think I have signed up for too many word of the day newsletters. I get several each day, and I don't even read most of them. I like the ones that come with quotes, they mean more than individual words with definitions. Every quote redefines a word, or at least gives it a different appearance in the mind of the reader. Quotes are like Extreme Makeover. Sometimes they make the words more beautiful, but sometimes, the author just doesn't cut it. Some of my newsletters come with no quotes at all. Just definitions and advertisements. I have lost respect for those ones, and choose not to read them. I do not yet have the effort to unsubscribe, but I will eventually.

I think what I need is a few minutes home alone. That would be nice. It would be either quiet, or filled with wholesome music. Probably a little of both, with the silence situated right before the music. I would probably choose Bach. I like Bach, especially when he makes use of cellos. I think the cello has the potential to make a perfect sound, unlike any other instrument. French Horns come close sometimes, but cellos are more consistently awesome. And double basses.

That brings me to a string of thought. I have composed a list of instruments that I do not care for much: Clarinets. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Which author is the coolest?
J.K. Rowling
Terry Pratchett
Voltaire
Orson Scott Card
Dave Barry
J.R.R. Tolkien
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com