I strive to be sensible, reasonable, and otherwise normal.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I didn't just sit alone at lunch

Ok, so for the first time ever, I talked to someone during my lunch break. Woah. I have always felt very different from everyone else in the warehouse for several reasons, and I have always been ok with sitting alone. I don't need their because I have a good book, and I like to think (that's part of the difference between me and them) but then I met this temp who's been working at the warehouse off and on for a couple of years. He just came back recently this summer because he's been at school. School is a word that most of the warehousemen can't even spell. But this guy Trevor seems pretty cool so far. He has read The Brothers Karamazov and War and Peace and lots of those other Russian books, he is in the honors program at his school, and he's a member of a book club. He's not dumb as a rock, and he knows my friend Steve from when they worked together last year, so he's got some good stories about good ol' Stevo. He isn't bitter, he doesnt complain a lot, he's not annoying, he doesn't want to work in a warehouse his whole life, you know, a normal guy. So I went over and sat with him during lunch and ate my Reese's and discussed the Wall Street Journal. It was good times. Good times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Which author is the coolest?
J.K. Rowling
Terry Pratchett
Voltaire
Orson Scott Card
Dave Barry
J.R.R. Tolkien
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com