I strive to be sensible, reasonable, and otherwise normal.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Robots never cry

How come no one sells lightweight workout shorts in the middle of October? There are racks and racks of jackets and sweatpants, but the only racks with shorts on them are sized XXXL or maybe just XXL. I know that obesity is on the rise, but come on, it's not THAT bad yet. 3X seems a bit extreme. Do they honestly think that they will have 75 guys come in with a waist size as wide as Vermont? If they can make a profit carrying nothing but what I saw today, then maybe I'm not as wise as I thought. It seems to me that they should be able to do all right with a third of what they had. The store would have sold something today had they filled the space with smaller sizes. I think that to have four shelves of 3XLs and not a single Medium is bad business, but then again, I never took that class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Which author is the coolest?
J.K. Rowling
Terry Pratchett
Voltaire
Orson Scott Card
Dave Barry
J.R.R. Tolkien
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com